Image from Elizabeth Morgan’s Amazon Page
Thanks to Elizabeth Morgan’s blog, “Not Just a Stiff Upper Lip,” I was reminded of the importance of why I write. In the past few months I’ve put unnecessary pressure on myself to start generating an income from writing as I compared myself way too often to other authors.
I succumbed to preconceived notions, mine and others, of what it meant to be a successful author, and let myself feel I was only successful if I could generate an immediate income. My outlook sucked a lot of the joy out of the writing process. Book sales are obviously important, but I made that more important than my actual work.
Writing gives me pleasure and I don’t want that to change.
Even writing my emotionally charged non-fiction work on the effects of sexual abuse gives me satisfaction.
This year I will relax in the writing process, shifting my focus from what others are doing income and content-wise to concentrating on my own ideas. The most important change I will be making is to express gratitude more often for not having to work while I write my stories.
What will make your goals/dreams more successful?
30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself.
Terrific suggestions for the New Year!
I think that when we take our thoughts out of our heads and put them into writing or some other form of self-expression, that we will manifest those desires. I selfishly made my Christmas and 2015 New Year’s wish list about me, but I think it’s always been that way, and so it should be. After all, we have to take care of ourselves before we can address the needs of others.
- May I keep the Spirit of Christmas year round, remembering to give to those in genuine need, be it of my time, money, or prayers.
- May I remember to honor my body through healthy foods and physical exercise.
- May I continually honor my mind with meditation, prayer, and gratitude.
- May I remember that although I don’t have to hang out with toxic people, be them family or former friends, that I can still wish the best for them, as what I send out in thought comes back to me as well.
- May I remember always to keep my thoughts positive, my words peaceful, and my actions filled with love.
- May I hold the hopes and visions of others in their highest good and use my energy to help co-create their dreams, as well as my own.
What Is Your Christmas Wish?
Please go to Storyfinds.com and vote for the cover of EVE’s Amulet~Book 1, my paranormal romance adventure.
I really appreciate your support!